The Budget and Financial Strategy Committee is a non-decision making committee of council which will make recommendations to Cabinet as appropriate within its terms of reference.
The Committee will:
· Provide strategic overview of all matters that could significantly impact upon the finances of the authority
· Oversee the implementation of the forthcoming and ongoing financial reform that will significantly affect the Council
· Provide advice on the impact of business and housing growth in the district and estimate the financial impact of such growth
· Be responsible for supporting the budget setting strategy and process for:
o the general fund
o capital programme
o treasury management
o recommending the Committee’s preferred option, for formal consideration by Cabinet, in light of the Council’s stated priorities.
· Have a planning horizon which will be medium term ( five years) including the medium term financial strategy
· Will also focus on major projects facing the Council that will have a significant impact on the resources of the Council as well as the budget setting round for the forthcoming financial year.
· Be responsible for considering how the council responds to: changes in the way the council is funded, value for money and other legislative initiatives and reforms.
· Innovate and challenge the way the Council manages its budget and financial affairs.
Support officer: Emma Faulkner/Richard Woods, Democratic and Elections. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, 01327 Email: email@example.com, 01295 221550
Phone: 01327 322043/01295 221550