Agenda, decisions and draft minutes

Venue: The Forum, Moat Lane, Towcester, Northants NN12 6AD

Contact: Richard Woods, Democratic and Elections  Email: richard.woods@cherwellandsouthnorthants.gov.uk, 01295 221550

Items
No. Item

11.

Declarations of Interest

Members are asked to declare any interest and the nature of that interest which they may have in any of the items under consideration at this meeting.

 

Minutes:

There were no declarations of interest.

 

12.

Minutes pdf icon PDF 75 KB

To confirm the Minutes of the meeting of the Committee held on 26 June 2019.

 

Minutes:

The minutes of the meeting of the Committee held on 26 June 2019 were agreed as a correct record and signed by the Chairman.

13.

Urgent Business

The Chairman to advise whether they have agreed to any items of urgent business being admitted to the agenda.

 

Minutes:

There were no items of urgent business.

 

14.

Chairman's Announcements

To receive communications from the Chairman.

Minutes:

There were no Chairman’s announcements.

 

15.

Assessment of Syresham as a Conservation Area pdf icon PDF 92 KB

Report of Assistant Director – Planning and Economy

 

Purpose of report

 

For Members to consider the assessment of Syresham and whether Syresham is an area “of special architectural or historic interest the character or appearance of which it is desirable to preserve or enhance” (S69 of the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990) and, therefore, justify designation as a conservation area.

 

Recommendations

            

1.1       The meeting is recommended:

 

That following the assessment, not to designate Syresham as a conservation area as the village does not fulfil the criteria to justify designation.

 

Additional documents:

Decision:

Resolved

 

(1)  That following the assessment, work to designate Syresham as a conservation area not be pursued as the village does not fulfil the criteria to justify designation.

Minutes:

The Committee considered a report from the Assistant Director – Planning and

Economy, which requested that Members consider the assessment of Syresham and whether Syresham was an area “of special architectural or historic interest the character or appearance of which it was desirable to preserve or enhance” (S69 of the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990) and, therefore, justified designation as a conservation area.

 

In introducing the report, the Senior Conservation Officer advised the Committee that the assessment of Syresham had followed the criteria set out by Historic England and did not fulfil the criteria to justify designation.

 

In response to Members’ questions regarding upcoming Conservation Area Assessments, the Planning Policy and Conservation Manager advised there were 24 areas that were still to be assessed. 

 

Resolved

 

(1)  That following the assessment, work to designate Syresham as a conservation area not be pursued as the village does not fulfil the criteria to justify designation.

 

16.

West Northamptonshire Strategic Plan Issues Consultation pdf icon PDF 85 KB

Report of Assistant Director – Planning and Economy

 

Purpose of Report

 

To seek approval to consult on the West Northamptonshire Strategic Plan Issues document.

 

Recommendations

 

The Committee is recommended:

 

1.1           To approve the content of the West Northamptonshire Strategic Plan Issues document (Appendix A to the report).

 

1.2           To approve consultation on West Northamptonshire Strategic Plan Issues document.

 

Additional documents:

Decision:

Resolved

 

(1)  That, subject to the correction of minor typographical and grammatical errors, the content of the West Northamptonshire Strategic Plan Issues document be approved.

 

(2)  That consultation on the West Northamptonshire Strategic Plan Issues document be approved and officers be requested to liaise with Parish Councils, Northampton Borough Council and Daventry District Council to ensure the consultation is as extensive as practicable and possible.

Minutes:

The Committee considered a report from the Assistant Director – Planning and Economy, which sought approval to begin consultation on the West Northamptonshire Strategic Plan Issues document.

 

In introducing the report, the Planning Policy and Conservation Manager advised the Committee that the Issues Consultation was the first stage in preparing the West Northamptonshire Strategic Plan and was designed to stimulate engagement from local communities and stakeholders in setting a vision for the future of West Northamptonshire.

 

In response to Members’ questions regarding future housing allocations within the Oxford, Milton Keynes and Cambridge Arc, the Assistant Director – Planning and Economy advised that this information was not yet known and therefore could not be profiled into the West Northamptonshire Strategic Plan.  

 

In considering the repot, Members commented on the importance of maximising public engagement with the Issues Consultation, in particular with Parish councils and suggested officers liaise with colleagues at Daventry District Council and Northampton Borough Council to share details and dates of consultation events. Noting Members comments, the Planning Policy and Conservation Manager confirmed that the consultation would be as extensive as practicable.  

 

Resolved

 

(1)  That, subject to the correction of minor typographical and grammatical errors, the content of the West Northamptonshire Strategic Plan Issues document be approved.

 

(2)  That consultation on the West Northamptonshire Strategic Plan Issues document be approved and officers be requested to liaise with Parish Councils, Northampton Borough Council and Daventry District Council to ensure the consultation is as extensive as practicable and possible.

 

17.

Review of Committee Work Plan pdf icon PDF 44 KB

To review and note the Committee Work Plan.

 

Decision:

Resolved

 

(1)  That, subject to the addition of Local Development Order to the September meeting, the Committee Work Plan be noted.

Minutes:

Members considered the Committee Work Plan and agreed that, due to large number of anticipated agenda items, the start time of the 18 September 2019 meeting be moved from 5pm to 4pm. 

 

Resolved

 

(1)  That, subject to the addition of Local Development Order to the September meeting, the Committee Work Plan be noted.