Decision Maker: Budget and Financial Strategy Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
(1) That having reviewed the Business Plan it be recommended to Cabinet and then Full Council for approval.
(2) That, having been given due consideration, the Risk Register be noted.
(3) That the increase in the level of Council Tax for South Northamptonshire Council of 2.99% for 2019/20 be recommended to Cabinet and then Full Council.
(4) That the Medium Term Financial Strategy (MTFS), Revenue Budget 2019/20 and Capital Programme including the growth and savings proposals be recommended to Cabinet and then Full Council for approval.
(5) That, having given due consideration, the minimum level of General Fund reserves of £1.8m be recommended to Cabinet and then Full Council.
(6) That Cabinet be recommended to agree and recommend to Full Council that authority be delegated to the Chief Finance Officer in consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Finance and Governance and Leader of the Council, and where appropriate the relevant Director and Portfolio Holder to:
· Transfer monies to/from earmarked reserves should that become necessary during the financial year.
· Update prudential indicators in both the Prudential Indicators Report and Treasury Management Strategy Report to Council, for any budget changes that impact on these.
(7) That, having given due consideration, the Fees & Charges be recommended to Cabinet and then Full Council for approval.
(8) That, having given due consideration, the Treasury Management Strategy, including the Prudential Indicators, Minimum Revenue Provision (MRP) Policy and Affordable Borrowing Limit for 2019/20 be noted.
(9) That Cabinet be recommended to agree that authority be delegated to the Chief Finance Officer to make any technical changes necessary to the papers for the Council Meeting of 27 February 2019, including changes to the Finance settlement and change relating to Parish Precepts and Council Tax levels associated with those changes.
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Report author: Kelly Watson
Publication date: 31/01/2019
Date of decision: 30/01/2019
Decided at meeting: 30/01/2019 - Budget and Financial Strategy Committee